Choosing the right front-end framework for your project is a decision that should not be taken lightly. There are hundreds of frameworks to choose from. But, in this list, we will talk about the top front-end frameworks that will dominate the space in 2021 and how these frameworks hold the potential to disrupt the way technologists and SMBs leverage tech, going forward.
Read on to know more about what’s the right solution here.
AngularJS, which is one of the most popular frameworks for web application development can provide you with desired platforms to develop and launch powerful e-commerce websites, private-label web apps, enterprise software, educational portals, social networking sites, and many more.
The code coverage of angular 2 is 85.6%. It’s a stable framework that is used by the majority of companies across the globe.
Dependency Injection is a powerful design pattern highlighted by AngularJS. It enforces loose coupling between the components of the application. DI, as it is commonly abbreviated, is used to liberate the classes from creating their dependencies manually. In Angular, they need to request the injector module to liberate them automatically. This leads to a cohesive and powerful code for angular developers. There are no drawbacks to DI, as it makes your code more maintainable and organized.
Some prominent organizations including Microsoft, YouTube, Upwork, AT&T, Apple, Adobe, GoPro, McDonald’s, Freelancer, and Autodesk leverage the prowess of Angular for running their technical stream.
1) Two-Way Data Binding: The Built-in Model-View-Controller allows for simultaneous data sync and view. This enables the view to change as the data changes. Eventually, this reduces the time taken in development as it eliminates the stage where developers write additional code for synchronizing the model.
2) Directives: Adding behaviours to the DOM is achieved through directives. Directives, according to the Angular documentation, are markers on a DOM element (such as an attribute, element name, comment, or CSS class) that tell Angular’s HTML parser to attach a specified behaviour to that DOM element or even transform the DOM element and its children.
3) Third-party Integrations: Angular is compatible and open to a plethora of third-party integrations as a framework. This makes it easier for developers to add or remove functionalities for enhancing the overall user experience.
1) Lagging SPAs: SPAs in Angular are complex and their dynamic application can sometimes result in a lot of lags. The tech community has widely spoken about this area of development.
2) The Maze-Effect: Angular provides more than one way to arrive at a solution. This has created more confusion than good. Adding to this is the steep learning curve it comes with. Mastering Angular takes time and the versatile nature of the framework has new developers running to tutorials and articles to clear their confusions.
3) SEO is not on-point: Angular is not a framework that easily enables Google’s crawlers to scan the website to its total depth. The absence of vast SEO options and poor internal link accessibility makes it difficult for the website developed using this framework to rank on SERP.
If you’re looking to build a mobile application, or the next big App to take on Uber, you can use React-Native.
A total of 9291 companies uses ReactJS to offer a flowing front-end experience to their users. The most prominent ones on the list are Uber, Facebook, Netflix, Amazon, Twitter, and Airbnb.
1) Better UI: The Virtual DOM interface processes information in such a way that it offers a better UI experience for the users. Topping that is how the compound isolation structure makes dynamic changes without changing the other components on the website.
2) Ability to Reuse Components: React allows developers to re-use components without having a totalitarian change on the whole project. This not only saves time but also facilitates a seamless and ergonomic design experience for the users.
3) One-Direction Stable Code: The one-direction code format ensures that the changes made in those of the child are not reflected in the parent pages. The One-direction-download flow is now being leveraged by the likes of Facebook to offer a flawless UI experience to its billions of users.
1) Slower pace: ReactJS has its developers constantly on the run to learn new things to remain updated with the framework. This rapid pace often leaves most of the tech community disheartened. The framework is constantly changing, and this reduces the TAT for projects significantly.
2) An Improper Blend of HTML and JSX: JSX is a part of React and this combination of HTML and JSX comes a significantly steep learning curve. Also, the complexity that JSX brings in adds to the pot of troubles.
3) Not an All-In-One UI Tool: React’s MVC model is not an all-in-one tool. It caters to the design view part of the UI experience only. The M & C part of the solution should be catered to by using additional tools for routing, APIS, and other moving parts of your solution.
Vue.js is an open-source front-end framework that is used to make user interfaces for web applications. It was exactly created to solve the shortcomings of other frameworks.
It is quite like React and Angular but is designed to be easier to learn and use, and thus suitable for modest projects, prototypes, boilerplates, and experiments. Vue.js was originated on the belief that client-side components are just as functional as their server-side counterparts.
Vue is used by Google, Nintendo, Louis Vuitton, Grammarly, 9Gag, Adobe, BMW, Bili Bili, and Apple, among others.
1) Vue is the New Small: Few zip file downloads of this framework are as small as 20KB. Vue’s library is incredibly fast to download.
2) A Performing Virtual DOM: The ability of Vue to constantly update and feature renders on the web interface is exceptional. In terms of performance metrics, Vue’s DOM is more performant than those of React and Angular.
1) Non-English-Speaking Community: Many of Vue’s users are from China and the adoption of Vue by Xiaomi and Alibaba only fuelled this rapid progression. The majority of the internet based Vue’s community speak Cantonese and this can be a major setback for English only users.
2) Relatively Young: Vue is a rather new framework that does not tout a large user community like that of Angular or React. This in turn is directly proportional to the amount of funds they receive for product development.
3) Scarcity of Right Talent: There are not a lot of Vue experts in the market, for, this technology is fairly new and has not achieved mass adoption status. While the number of developers whose expertise in Vue is increasing significantly, it is not enough to cater to the needs of a global audience.
It is an open-source, cross-platform Java Script Environment developed by Joyent – a Cloud Computing solutions provider.
Hapi & Express are the most widely accepted Node frameworks.
Hapi is a top Node.js framework that intermediates between the server-side and the client. It is clean, intuitive, and easier to use. It is mainly intended for large teams and projects with different requirements. It consists of simple components that are configuration-rich, stable, and reliable.
There are many frameworks built for Node.js, but if you want to get started quickly without having to build your own, then Express may be the best choice for you. It makes the development process more efficient and flexible. Also, its role-based authorization is a huge plus.
Node.js is used by brands like Medium, Uber, Trello, LinkedIn, PayPal, E-bay, NASA, Walmart, and Groupon.
2) Fastest Processing: Node’s V8 engine is the fastest when compared with the likes of PHP, GO, and Java.
3) Non-blocking I/O: js seamlessly processes Input and Output queries. This makes it one of the preferred frameworks for developers, who are working towards achieving a dynamic UI.
1) Not the Most Stable API: Due to its large user base and active community, the framework receives a huge amount of update requests and process improvement feedbacks. This results in an API that is constantly changing, and keeping up with these frequent updates and changes is a tedious task for developers.
2) Start from Scratch: js is unopinionated and this means that as a developer, you would have to start things from scratch. This could hamper your efficiency if you don’t have a big team working together towards a common goal.
3) Poor Documentation: A significant portion of the tools and plugins are poorly documented and improperly tested. The open-source nature of this front-end framework makes it difficult for the admin to maintain 100% efficiency in terms of meeting required standards for codes.
To conclude, this list of the best front-end frameworks accommodates most of the popular and reliable platforms that are extensively used throughout the web. Developers acquainted with Java Script can easily adapt to these frameworks and get busy from the word go. With guidance from respective experts, you can build a team of Web Developers that are proficient in most of these frameworks. specifications aligned.
All the frameworks mentioned above have their strong points. Some frameworks are versatile and are best for beginners, whereas some others are more popular in specific niches.
But to identify the right framework for you, you need to get your requirement and design specifications aligned, and Fission Labs’ expertise in integrating front-end frameworks will enable you to transition this journey smoothly. Our team of experts understand client requirement and come up with custom solutions that specifically cater to their needs.
Talk to our experts today to explore how front-end frameworks can be leveraged to make the most for your business.